søndag 4. mai 2008

You Know You're in East Tennessee When...

For de som enda ikke vet at jeg skal Kingston som ligger i den østlige delen av Tennessee, nå vet dere det.

Her er noen "You know you're in .....when. Enjoy!


Everything is bright orange and has a UT on it.
Everything everywhere. People don't actually keep up with the sports teams that much, the bright orange is more like an American flag is for everyone else.(oransje er jo en hærlig farge, minner meg om det nederlandske landslaget)

You Know You're in East Tennessee When...

You have a conversation that goes like this:
Coworker: Do you smoke?
Me: No.
Coworker: Why not, what's wrong with you? (implying I have some physical ailment to keep me from smoking)
Me: Nothing. Um, it's just too expensive to smoke these days.
Coworker (looking at me like I'm crazy): Well, duh, that's why I only smoke the cheap ones!

Everyone smokes here. Everyone. We've met people who quit smoking temporarily b/c they were pregnant.

You know you're in East Tennessee when...

You see a bumper sticker with the Confederate flag on it that says "My forefathers fought the first terrorists." And you see it and others like it quite frequently.

People look to Wal Mart for their (economic) salvation, and see it as a sign of blessing on their community. (de har ikke Wal Mart i Kingston)

You know you're in East Tennessee when...

You have this conversation:
Coworker: "You got any ladies?"
Me: Uh... what?
Coworker: "Do you got ladies?"
Me: Uh...well, I'm married.
Coworker: "No, I mean ladies. For the salad."
Me: Oh, you mean lettuce?
Coworker: "Yeah! Ladies!" ("lettuce" sounds like "ladies").
Me: No, I ain't got any.

Ingen kommentarer: